Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Simple Headboard Botanicals

Hope everyone is having a great week...here's my newest super simple DIY...


My husband and I recently made a trip to France (a belated honeymoon), which was of course wonderful!





While we were there we found an antique home store that had these great old botanical book prints for 1 euro each!!  So I picked up a few for myself and a few for my sister!  I wasn't really sure what to do with them until we moved into our new place!  Then, my grandma found some great old Denver tourist postcards from the 1930s in her attic, which included native Colorado flowers.








I love the contrast that the dark, smaller prints add.  Such a simple project, but feel like it changes the mood of our room.




I started with some white wall hooks and picture hanging wire.  I simply wrapped the wire around the hooks, making it fairly tight since the wire is pretty heavy and doesn't hang super well.  Then I got some small black binder clips (still considering switching to silver) and then just clipped the pictures to the wire.  Definitely not a complicated project but the simplicity kind of makes it for me.






What do you think of my new "headboard art"?  What travel treasures have you incorporated into home design?!

No comments:

Post a Comment