Thursday, October 2, 2014

Guest Room Tour

I recently had some motivation to put together our guest room, when we moved in it was just more of a storage space than an actual bedroom--but since my in-laws were coming to visit I had to get my butt in gear and make it comfortable!


We used my old IKEA bed that we had hidden in our 450 sq foot Seattle apartment (an impressive feat).  The hardest part of decorating this room was that the bed is so low that most side tables are far too high for it--so I improvised!





These are boxes I picked up for free on Craigslist (I got 6!  The other 4 are on my balcony being used as a puppy barrier right now--check out my balcony transformation here)





The quilt on the bed was made for me by my grandma when I was a kid--it's so nice to be able to use it in our house, I've had it in storage for years!


We picked up the old men hanging over the bed from an estate sale while living in Seattle--they're some of my favorite finds!!




Honestly, cutest puppy ever!!


I needed to create a home office for us in this space but still keeping it cozy...







The room felt nice, but not super inviting...until I added this chair!  It's not the greatest in the world, but I felt like it made the room feel more cozy and like somewhere you'd want to curl up with a book...


This basket was another great estate sale find and now holds extra blankets...




I used the dresser I refurbished in Seattle (see the makeover here).




What do you think of our guest room??  How do you make your guests feel welcome?




Check out other great projects at the places I link up:







The Shabby NestSomewhat SimpleLiz Marie Blogfive days five ways | feature friday free for all        The DIY'ers />    

http://www.thethriftyhome.comThe DIY Dreamer   Making Home Base


A Glimpse Inside


Weekend Bloggy Reading By Stephanie Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment